PILLSBURY BAKE-OFF® CONTEST
ALL DISPUTES WILL BE RESOLVED SOLELY BY BINDING ARBITRATION AND ENTRANTS WAIVE THE ABILITY TO BRING CLAIMS IN A CLASS ACTION FORMAT.
CONTEST DESCRIPTION: The Pillsbury Bake-Off® Contest (the “Contest”) is a Story and Recipe contest where participants may submit Entries as defined herein. Each Entry’s Recipe must include no more than eight (8) total Ingredients, including at least one (1) of the Eligible Products listed below. All Entries will be judged to determine five (5) potential Finalist Entries where at least one (1) Finalist Entry must include at least one (1) Hometown Food product and at least one (1) Finalist Entry must include at least one (1) PillsburyTM product as detailed in the Judging & Winner Determination Section below. All Finalist Entries will be judged in a second round of judging to determine the potential Grand Prize winner.
CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD: The Contest begins at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on Friday, May 7, 2021 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on Sunday, May 30, 2021 (the “Contest Period”). Contest Administrator’s computer is the official timekeeping device for this Contest
ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C. (excluding North Dakota and Maryland), who are age 21 or older as of May 7, 2021. Individuals are not eligible to enter and will be disqualified if he/she:
- is or ever has been a food professional, including but not limited to a chef, food writer, culinary specialist or educator, or who creates recipes for pay (including but not limited to the sale of food products made from his/her original recipes);
- graduated from a culinary school/program or is enrolled in a culinary school/program at any time between May 3, 2021 and May 31, 2021; or
- has been a finalist in three (3) or more Bake-Off® Contests or has previously been a Bake-Off® Contest Grand Prize winner;
- Is an employee of Sponsors, US Sweepstakes & Fulfillment Company (the “Contest Administrator”) and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) of, and/or those living in the same household of each, are not eligible to enter.
Void in North Dakota, Maryland, Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, outside the U.S., and wherever else prohibited by law Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
HOW TO ENTER: During the Contest Period, participants must visit https://pillsburybakeoff.com/ (the “Contest Website”) and complete the following steps to submit an entry (an “Entry”), which includes a Story (as defined below) and an original recipe subject to the guidelines and requirements herein (each, a “Recipe”), and a Photo (as defined below):
- Complete all required fields in the entry form in its entirety;
- Provide an essay not to exceed 2,000 characters telling his/her personal story about why the Recipe was important to him/her and his/her family during the challenges of the pandemic (the “Story”);
- List the ingredients in the Recipe (including measurements of each), which may not exceed 2,000 characters. The Recipe may not exceed eight (8) total ingredients and any garnishes (each, an “Ingredient”), which must include at least one (1) of the eligible PillsburyTM or Hometown Food products listed below (each, an “Eligible Product”);
- The following items do not count toward the Ingredients limit:
- Table, kosher or plain sea salt;
- Plain black pepper;
- Water at any temperature;
- Cooking spray for pan treatment; or
- Dusting of flour used to minimize sticking.
- Listed Ingredients and/or instructions must include specific flavor, exact measurements and/or weight, equipment with exact dimensions or sizes;
- The following items do not count toward the Ingredients limit:
- Provide the complete step-by-step preparation instructions for the Recipe not to exceed 2,000 characters, which can be prepared in 30 minutes or less, not including baking or cooling time;
- Upload a photo of the completed Recipe (a “Photo”); and
- Submit to receive one (1) Entry into the Contest. Limit 1 Entry per person.
Eligible PillsburyTM products include:
- Pillsbury™ Refrigerated Biscuits
- Pillsbury™ Flaky Layers Butter Tastin'™ Biscuits 6 oz. (5 ct)
- Pillsbury™ Flaky Layers Buttermilk Biscuits 6 oz. (5 ct)
- Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Layers Original Biscuits 10.2 oz. (5 ct)
- Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Layers Original Biscuits 16.3 oz. (8 ct)
- Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Layers Butter Tastin'™ Biscuits 16.3 oz. (8 ct)
- Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Layers Buttermilk Biscuits 16.3 oz. (8 ct)
- Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Southern Homestyle Butter Tastin’™ Biscuits 10.2 oz. (5 ct)
- Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Southern Homestyle Butter Tastin’™ Biscuits 16.3 oz. (8 ct)
- Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Southern Homestyle Buttermilk Biscuits 10.2 oz. (5 ct)
- Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Southern Homestyle Buttermilk Biscuits 16.3 oz. (8 ct)
- Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Southern Homestyle Original Biscuits 16.3 oz. (8 ct)
- Pillsbury™ Crescent Rolls
- Pillsbury™ Butter Flake Crescent Dinner Rolls 8 oz. (8 ct)
- Pillsbury™ Crescent Dough Sheet 8 oz. (1 ct)
- Pillsbury™ Big & Buttery Grands! Crescent Dinner Rolls 12 oz. ( 8 ct.)
- Pills bury™ Big & Flaky Grands! Crescent Dinner Rolls 12 oz. (8 ct)
- Pillsbury™ Crescent Rounds 8 oz. (8 ct)
- Pillsbury™ Original Crescent Dinner Rolls 8 oz. (8 ct)
- Pillsbury™ Pie, Bread and Pizza Dough
- Pillsbury™ Original Crusty French Loaf 11 oz.
- Pillsbury™ Refrigerated Pie Crusts 14.1 oz. (2 ct)
- Pillsbury™ Pizza Dough, Classic Crust (13.8 oz.)
- Pillsbury™ Pizza Dough, Thin Crust (11 oz.)
- Pillsbury™ Cornbread Swirls ( 6 ct.)
- Pillsbury™ Sweet Rolls
- Pillsbury™ Cinnabon® Flaky Cinnamon Roll with Butter Cream Icing 13 oz. (8 ct)
- Pillsbury™ Cinnabon® Orange Rolls with Orange Icing 13.9 oz. (8 ct)
- Pillsbury™ Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Icing 12.4 oz. (8 ct)
- Pillsbury™ Cinnamon Rolls with Icing 12.4 oz. (8 ct)
- Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Cinnabon® Cinnamon Rolls with Icing 17.5 oz. (5 ct)
- Pillsbury™ Grands!™Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Icing 17.5 oz. (5 ct)
- Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Supreme Cinnamon Rolls with Icing 17.5 oz. (5 ct)
- Pillsbury™ Cookie Dough
- Pillsbury™ Ready to Bake!™ Chocolate Chip Cookies 12 ct
- Pillsbury™ Ready to Bake!™ Chocolate Chip Cookies 24 ct
- Pillsbury™ Ready to Bake!™ Sugar Cookies 24 ct
- Pillsbury™ Ready to Bake!™ Chocolate Chunk & Chip Cookies 24 ct
- Pillsbury™ Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough tube 16.5 oz.
- Pillsbury™ Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough tube 30 oz.
- Pillsbury™ Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Dough tube 16.5 oz.
- Hometown Food products
- Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Premium Cake & Cupcake Mix
- Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® White Frosting
- Pillsbury™ Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
Eligible Hometown Food products include:
Entrants are subject to all notices posted online including but not limited to Meredith and General Mills’ Privacy Policies which can be found at https://www.meredith.com/privacy.html and https://www.generalmills.com/en/Company/privacy-policies/privacy-policy-US, respectively.
Each Entry must include an original Story, Recipe and Photo. Entries submitted with a Story, Recipe or Photo that has already been submitted or that is substantially the same as a previously submitted Story, Recipe or Photo, as determined by the Sponsors in their sole discretion, may be disqualified.
Limit: One (1) Entry per person throughout the Contest Period. All Entries must be received between Monday, May 3, 2021 at 12:00:00 AM ET and Sunday, May 30, 2021 at 11:59:59 PM ET. Any additional Entries received from any person or email account beyond the first Entry received will be void and will be disqualified.
Sponsors are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, illegible, garbled, inaccurate, invalid, misdirected, undelivered, or delayed Entries. No altered or incomplete submissions will be accepted.
CONTEST ENTRY REQUIREMENTS & CONDITIONS: All Entries must comply with the following minimum guidelines to be eligible:
- Each submitted Story, Recipe and Photo must be original and the complete Entry must be an original work of the entrant, must have been created by the entrant and must be truthful.
- The Story must explain why the Recipe was important to the entrant and/or his/her family during the challenges of the pandemic.
- The Entry must not make claims that the Recipe causes a health benefit or any other claim that does not reflect a typical consumer experience.
- The completed Recipe should be the primary subject of the Photo. No other individuals other than the entrant may appear or be included in the Entry without express written permission. If Entry features a minor under the age of majority in his/her state of residence, you must obtain prior written permission from the minor’s parent or legal guardian. Entrant may be required to provide the written permission to Sponsors.
- Photo must not exceed 10 MB in size and must be in JPG, JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, BMP or WEBP format.
- By submitting a Photo taken by a third party, entrant warrants and represents that he/she has secured all rights and clearances to the Photo from the photographer. Entrant may be required to show any and all rights and clearances to Sponsors.
- The Entry cannot contain any commercial content or trademarks other than those of the Sponsors or its products.
- The Entry must not contain any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant and/or which are subject the rights of third parties.
- The Recipe cannot have been published in any form or won previous awards, including but not limited to publication in cookbooks, in magazines, on food blogs or on recipe websites unless the recipe features changes considered significant to the judges or Sponsors in their sole and absolute discretion.
- The Entry cannot contain content that is irrelevant to the purpose of the Contest, in Sponsors’ sole discretion.
- Once an Entry has been submitted, it cannot be modified or deleted by entrant.
- The Entry cannot be profane, pornographic, sexually explicit or suggestive or contain nudity.
- The Entry cannot be violent or promote firearms/weapons.
- The Entry cannot contain or promote alcohol, illegal drugs or tobacco.
- The Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about people, brands, products or companies.
- The Entry cannot contain content that defaces or depicts any person, brand, product or company in a negative or inappropriate manner.
- The Entry cannot be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group or be derogatory to any ethic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group.
- The Entry cannot reference or contain materials embodying copyrighted images, names, likenesses or other indicia identifying any brand, products, company or person, living or dead, without permission.
- The Entry cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which the Sponsors wish to associate.
- The Entry cannot depict illegal activity and cannot itself be in violation of any law.
By submitting an Entry, the entrant understands and grants to the Sponsors an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive worldwide license to use his/her Entry, Story, Photo, Recipe, name, hometown and likeness on the Sponsors’ various websites and social media sites and in advertising and/or promotional activities worldwide without compensation, permission or notification. Sponsors reserve the right in its sole and absolute discretion to alter, change or modify any Entry, which includes any Story, Recipe or Photo.
By submitting an Entry, entrant warrants and represents that: (a) Entry does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other legal or moral rights of any person or entity; (b) entrant owns all rights to the Entry, including without limitation, copyrights, and has received prior written permission from a third party if any Photo was photographed by someone other than the entrant him/herself; and (c) entrant will indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsors, Contest Administrator and related entities, agents and assigns from any claims and damages (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising from or relating to the breach or alleged breach of your representations and warranties herein, the Entry, or entrant’s conduct in creating the Entry, the acceptance or use of any prize or otherwise in connection with this Contest.
PRIZE/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”):
Grand Prize: There is one (1) Grand Prize available to be won. The Grand Prize will include:
- A feature for the Grand Prize Winner and his/her Entry on the Pillsbury website, social media channels and email newsletter;
- A Golden Doughboy Trophy;
- One (1) Giggle Doughboy Toy;
- One (1) Pillsbury Cutting Board;
- One (1) Plastic Pillsbury Spatula;
- One (1) All You Knead is Love Tote;
- One (1) Pillsbury Logo Tote;
- One (1) Pillsbury Logo T-Shirt;
- One (1) Pillsbury Heart T-Shirt;
- One (1) Pillsbury Apron;
- One (1) Set of Pillsbury Stickers; and
- One (1) case of the Pillsbury product used in the winning Recipe (the “Grand Prize”).
- The ARV of the Grand Prize is: $221.
Runner-Up Prize: There are four (4) Runner-Up Prizes available to be won. Each Runner-Up Prize will include:
- One (1) Giggle Doughboy;
- One (1) Plastic Pillsbury Spatula;
- One (1) All You Knead is Love Tote;
- One (1) Pillsbury Logo Tote;
- One (1) Pillsbury Apron; and
- One (1) Set of Pillsbury Stickers.
- The ARV of the Runner-Up Prize is: $56 each.
The total ARV of all prizes to be awarded: $445.
JUDGING & WINNER DETERMINATION: All eligible Entries received during the Contest Period will be judged by a panel appointed by the Sponsors, who shall use the criteria set forth below:
- Recipe Judging:
- Taste (25%)
- Appearance (25%)
- Creativity (25%)
- Crowd Appeal (25%)
- Story Judging:
- How the Recipe ties to the story (40%)
- How the Story brings to life a family value, tradition, or memory (40%)
- Demonstration of passion (20%)
Judges will review all Entries and select a limited number to become finalists. The Finalist Entries will consist of the Entry that receives the highest total score based on the judging criteria and includes one of the eligible Hometown Food products, the Entry that receives the highest total score based on the judging criteria and includes one of the eligible PillsburyTM products and the three (3) remaining Entries that receive the highest total score based on the judging criteria will each be deemed a potential finalist (each, a “Finalist Entry,” collectively “Finalist Entries”). All Finalist Entries will then be judged in a second round of judging by a panel of judges appointed by the Sponsors using the judging criteria above. The Finalist Entry that receives the highest total score based on the judging criteria in the second round of judging will be deemed the potential Grand Prize winner (the “Grand Prize Winner”). The four (4) remaining Finalist Entries will be deemed a potential Runner-Up Prize winner (each, a “Runner-Up Prize Winner”). Grand Prize Winner and Runner-Up Prize Winners collectively referred to herein as “Winner” or “Winners”. In the unlikely event of a tie, the tied Entry with the highest score in Criterion 1.a, Taste, will be deemed the potential Finalist Entry or Grand Prize Winner. If additional tie breakers are needed, the tie-breaking mechanism above will be used; however, instead of the highest score in Criterion 1.a determining the potential Finalist Entry or Grand Prize Winner from among the tied entries, the highest scores in each of Criteria 1.b through 2.c, in sequence (to the extent needed) will determine the potential Finalist Entry or Grand Prize Winner. In the event additional tiebreakers are needed, all tied Entries will be judged by a separate panel of judges using the judging criteria above.
WINNER NOTIFICATION & VERIFICATION: The potential Grand Prize Winner will be notified via the email address and/or phone number provided with the entry form on or around September 15, 2021, and will be required to sign and return, within seven (7) days of notification, an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Waiver, a Confidentiality Agreement and where allowable, a Publicity Release (collectively, the “Releases"). Noncompliance will result in disqualification and the Finalist Entry with the next-highest total judging score will be deemed the potential Grand Prize Winner. The potential Runner-Up Prize Winners will be notified via the email address and/or phone number provided with the entry form on or around September 15, 2021, and will be required to sign and return, within seven (7) days of notification, the Releases. Noncompliance will result in disqualification and the Entry with the next-highest total judging score will be deemed a potential Runner-Up Prize Winner.
The prize packages will be awarded within approximately forty-five (45) days after the Winners are verified.
The Winners may also be required to submit to a background check to confirm eligibility and help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Contest will not bring the Sponsors into public disrepute, contempt, scandal, or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Contest or Sponsors, as determined by the Sponsors in its sole discretion. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify a potential Winner on the basis of the findings resulting from such background check or if a potential Winner fails to properly authorize and/or provide the required information in connection with such background check.
If a prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, or if a Winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these rules that Winner will be disqualified, and the Finalist Entry with the next-highest total judging score from the second round of judging will be deemed the potential Grand Prize Winner or the Entry with the next-highest total judging score from the first round of judging will be deemed the potential Runner-Up Prize Winner, as applicable. If the Sponsors are unable to determine and verify a potential Winner after attempting to contact runner-up potential Winner(s) or if the Sponsors fail to receive a sufficient number of entries to correspond to the number of prizes available to be awarded, Sponsors reserve the right to not award the prize.
PRIZE CONDITIONS: The prizes are not redeemable for cash, assignable, transferable and may not be substituted except at Sponsors’ sole discretion. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion. Any other incidental expenses on a prize not specified herein are the Winner’s sole responsibility.
Winners are responsible for all federal, state, local and income taxes associated with winning prize. Except where prohibited by law, an Entry and acceptance of a prize constitute permission to Sponsors to use Winner's name, prize won, hometown, likeness, video recording, photographs, and statements for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity (including online posting) in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission.
The prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by the Sponsors. Winner acknowledges that the Sponsors and all other businesses affiliated with this Contest and their agents do not make, nor are in any manner responsible for any warranty, representations, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the quality, conditions, fitness or merchantability of any aspect of the prize being offered, except that each merchandise prize shall be subject to its manufacturer’s standard warranty (if any).
GENERAL: Only the first complete Entry received from a particular entrant will be eligible for the Contest; subsequent attempts by the same person to enter, including Entries submitted with an alternate email address, will be disqualified.
Participating entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsors and the Contest Administrator, and release the Sponsors, the Contest Administrator and their affiliated companies, and all other businesses involved in this Contest, as well as the employees, officers, directors and agents of each (the “Released Parties”), from all claims and liability relating to their participation in the promotion, and the acceptance and use/misuse of the prize offered. Participating entrants assume all liability for and Released Parties shall be held harmless against any liability for any injury, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including personal injury or death, or injury to property caused or claimed to be caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by participation in this Contest, acceptance, possession, or use/misuse of the prize, or any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy, or merchandise delivery. Sponsors are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest, Official Rules or in the announcement of the prize.
In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, Entry will be deemed submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. Authorized Account Holder means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsors may ask any entrant or potential winner to provide Sponsors with proof, to Sponsors’ satisfaction, that such party is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Entry. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered, or mass entries or entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices are void. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (i) lost, late, misdirected, damaged or illegible entries; or (ii) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsors on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or any combination thereof; or (iii) any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in the Contest. By participating in the Contest, you (i) agree to be bound by these official rules, including all eligibility requirements, and (ii) agree to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsors and the Contest Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. Failure to comply with these official rules may result in disqualification from the Contest.
Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any factor beyond Sponsors’ reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by the Sponsors. If, for any reason, the Contest cannot be run as planned, Sponsors may disqualify any suspect entries or individuals from the Contest and any contest it sponsors and (a) suspend the Contest and modify the Contest to address the impairment, then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (b) award the prize using the judging criteria outlined above from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment.
THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THIS CONTEST CANNOT BE ADMINISTERED OR CONDUCTED OR ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS RESULTING OR ARISING FROM ACTS OF GOD, WAR, OR TERRORISM, CIVIL UNREST, STRIKES, SUPPLY SHORTAGES, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, PANDEMICS, EPIDEMICS, COMPLIANCE WITH ANY LAW OR ORDER OF A GOVERNMENTAL AUTHORITY, OR ANY OTHER SIMILAR ACT, EVENT, OR OCCURRENCE BEYOND THE REASONABLE CONTROL OF THE SPONSORS. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SUCH SITE, AS APPLICABLE. FURTHER, SPONSORS SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, DIVERSIONS, CHANGES IN SERVICE OR ACCOMMODATIONS OR SUBSTITUTIONS, OR FOR ANY ACTS OR OMISSIONS BY ANY THIRD PARTIES BEYOND ITS REASONABLE CONTROL, INCLUDING AIR CARRIER(S) AND OTHER TRANSPORTATION COMPANIES; LODGING, RESTAURANT OR OTHER HOSPITALITY PROVIDERS; ENTERTAINMENT PROVIDERS, VENUES OR ARTISTS; OR OTHER THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS SUPPLYING ANY SERVICES OR COMPONENTS OF A PRIZE TO THE WINNER, OR FOR ANY RESULTING INJURIES, INCLUDING MONEY DAMAGES, COSTS AND EXPENSES, PROPERTY DAMAGES, PERSONAL INJURIES OR DEATH RESULTING THEREFROM.
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THIS WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST, IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
GOVERNING LAW AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants, Sponsors or the Released Parties in connection with the Contest will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other laws.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (A) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE CONTEST, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (B) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (C) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (D) ENTRANTS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
DISPUTES: The parties hereto each agree to finally settle all disputes only through arbitration; provided, however, the Released Parties shall be entitled to seek injunctive or equitable relief in the state and federal courts in New York, NY and any other court with jurisdiction over the parties. In arbitration, there is no judge or jury and review is limited. The arbitrator’s decision and award is final and binding, with limited exceptions, and judgment on the award may be entered in any court with jurisdiction. The parties agree that, except as set forth above, any claim, suit, action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Contest shall be resolved solely by binding arbitration before a sole arbitrator under the streamlined Arbitration Rules Procedures of JAMS Inc. (“JAMS”) or any successor to JAMS. In the event JAMS is unwilling or unable to set a hearing date within fourteen (14) days of the filing of a “Demand for Arbitration”, then either party can elect to have the arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) or any other mutually agreeable arbitration administration service. If an in-person hearing is required, then it will take place in New York, NY. The federal or state law that applies to these Official Rules will also apply during the arbitration. Disputes will be arbitrated only on an individual basis and will not be consolidated with any other proceedings that involve any claims or controversy of another party, including any class actions; provided, however, if for any reason any court or arbitrator holds that this restriction is unconscionable or unenforceable, then the agreement to arbitrate doesn’t apply and the dispute must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in New York, NY. Either party may, notwithstanding this provision, bring qualifying claims in small claims court.
PRIVACY: As a condition of entering the Contest, each entrant gives consent for Sponsors to obtain and deliver his or her name, address and other information to the Contest Administrator for the purpose of administering this Contest and to comply with applicable laws, regulations and rules, including, without limitation, the storing of your personal information for purposes of complying with state record retention requirements. Any information entrant provides to the Sponsors may be used to communicate with entrant in relation to this Contest or on a Contest winner’s list. By entering the Contest, entrant will simultaneously be registered for the Allrecipes Daily Dish and the Food Feed newsletters. Personal information collected from entrants are subject to Meredith and General Mills’ Privacy Policies, which can be found at https://www.meredith.com/privacy.html and https://www.generalmills.com/en/Company/privacy-policies/privacy-policy-US, respectively. Your email address will not be sold or rented to third parties.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram. By entering, you understand that you are providing your information to Sponsors and not to Facebook or Instagram.
OFFICIAL RULES REQUEST: To request a copy of the Official Rules, see https://pillsburybakeoff.com/ or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by September 15, 2021, to: Pillsbury Bake-Off® Contest Official Rules Request, PO Box 654, Social Circle, GA 30025-0654.
WINNER CONFIRMATION REQUEST: For a written confirmation of the winner (available after 09/15/21), send a stamped, self-addressed envelope (no later than 10/13/21), to: Pillsbury Bake-Off® Contest Winner Confirmation Request, PO Box 654, Social Circle, GA 30025-0654.
SPONSORS: The Pillsbury Bake-Off® Contest is sponsored by General Mills Sales, Inc., One General Mills Blvd., Minneapolis, MN 55426; Hometown Food Company, 500 West Madison Street, Suite 3650, Chicago IL, 60661; Meredith Corporation, 1716 Locust Street, Des Moines, IA 50309 (collectively “Sponsors”).
CONTEST ADMINISTRATOR: US Sweepstakes & Fulfillment Company, 625 Panorama Trail, Suite 2100, Rochester, NY 14625. 1-800-620-6044
Void outside the US, in North Dakota, Maryland, Puerto Rico, and wherever else prohibited by law.
All trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners in the United States and abroad. All rights reserved.
Bake-Off is a registered trademark of The Pillsbury Company.