ESSENCE Presents The Endless Magic Sweepstakes
NOTICE TO ONLINE ENTRANTS
In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. Authorized Account Holder means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Any entrant may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to the satisfaction of Sponsor (defined below). Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered, or mass entries or entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices are void. The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) lost, late, misdirected, damaged or illegible entries; or (ii) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or any combination thereof; or (iii) any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes (defined below). Sponsor is not responsible for the incompatibility of entrant’s hardware, software or browser technology. By participating in the Sweepstakes, you (i) agree to be bound by these official rules, including all eligibility requirements, and (ii) agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor and the independent judging organization, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Failure to comply with these official rules may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to: (i) permanently disqualify from any sweepstakes it sponsors any person it believes has intentionally violated these official rules; and (ii) withdraw the online method of entry if it becomes technically corrupted (including if a computer virus or system malfunction inalterably impairs its ability to conduct the Sweepstakes), and to select winners from among all eligible entries received prior to withdrawal.
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THIS WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: The Endless Magic Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, age 21 or older at the time of entry. Void in Puerto Rico and wherever else prohibited by law. Employees, shareholders, officers, directors and agents of Essence Communications, Inc. (the “Sponsor”), Disney Destinations, LLC (“Disney”), their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family members of, and/or those living in the same household of each, are not eligible to enter. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Timing: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on Friday, January 13, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on Thursday, March 30, 2017 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- Entry: There are two (2) ways to enter.
- Method #2: Mail-in Entry. Mail a postcard, including your name, complete address, daytime phone number and mail address to: The Endless Magic Sweepstakes, 625 Panorama Trail (Suite 2100), Rochester, NY 14625-2437. Each postcard must be mailed separately and must be postmarked between Friday, January 13, 2017 and Thursday, March 30, 2017, and received by Thursday, April 6, 2017 (the “Mail-in Entry”). Photocopied, illegible, or mechanically reproduced entries are not eligible. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected or postage-due mailed entries.
- Prizes/Approximate Retail Value ("ARV")/Odds:
Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive a vacation package for the winner and three (3) guests of the winner’s choosing for four (4) nights and five (5) days, to the Walt Disney World® Resort (the "Grand Prize Vacation Package").
The Grand Prize Vacation Package shall consist of the following:
- Four (4) round trip coach airfares between the major U.S. gateway airport closest to the winner's residence (selected by Sponsor) and Orlando International Airport, provided however, if winner resides within two hundred fifty (250) miles of the Walt Disney World® Resort, air transportation will not be provided.
- Four (4) round trip ground transfers between Orlando International Airport and the Walt Disney World® Resort via Disney’s Magical Express Service; provided, however, if winner resides within two hundred fifty (250) miles of the Walt Disney World® Resort, ground transfers will not be provided.
- Room accommodations consisting of one (1) standard room (with a maximum of four (4) persons per room) for four (4) nights at a hotel at the Walt Disney World® Resort as selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- Four (4) 5-Day Magic Your Way Tickets with Park Hopper® Option.
- One (1) Disney Gift Card with a value of Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00), subject to restrictions.
- One (1) Welcome Basket in winner’s Walt Disney World® Resort hotel room.
- One (1) Memory Maker product which includes unlimited Disney PhotoPass® Service photos, including those taken at select attractions and dining locations.
- One (1) Disney Character Dining experience for four (4) persons (subject to availability). A Disney Gift Card will be provided to cover the expense of this experience; (subject to restrictions).
- VIP viewing for one (1) Walt Disney World® Resort parade or show for four (4) persons. Parade and/or show selection and date of experience is at the discretion of Sponsor. Based on availability. Restrictions may apply.
The ARV of the Grand Prize Vacation Package is $6,986.36 USD.
Those items that are not included as part of the Grand Prize Vacation Package are:
- Travel Insurance
- Meals (unless otherwise described above)
- Hotel room service
- Laundry service
- Alcoholic beverages
- Merchandise, souvenirs, etc.
- Local and long distance telephone calls
- Tips, gratuities, service charges or taxes
- Ground transportation between the winner’s residence and the departure airport
- All other charges not otherwise described above
Grand Prize Vacation Package conditions of use include, but are not limited to:
- Vacation must be taken between April 30, 2017 and April 30, 2018.
- Departure dates and accommodations are subject to availability; certain restrictions and block-out dates may apply.
- Vacation is for the Grand Prize winner and three (3) guests of the winner’s choosing.
- Vacation and its components may not be sold, traded, transferred, rescheduled to dates not within the fulfillment period set forth above, or refunded. Vacation is not redeemable for cash in whole or in part.
The total ARV of all prizes available to be won: $6,986.36.
Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received, but is estimated at 1:10,000 for the Grand Prize.
- Random Drawing: The potential winner will be selected in a random drawing on or about Thursday, April 13, 2017 from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period by US Sweepstakes & Fulfillment Company, an independent agent of the Sponsor whose decisions are final.
- Winner Notification: Potential Grand Prize winner will be notified via email and/or phone, and will be required to sign and return, within seven (7) days of initial notification, an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Waiver, a W-9 Form and where allowable, a Publicity Release (collectively, the “Releases"). The Releases will require the winner to furnish his/her Social Security Number for the sole purpose of tax reporting, as required by law. Travel companions of winner will also be required to sign a Travel Companion Liability Release.
Noncompliance will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Trip must be taken by 04/30/18 or prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Prize will be awarded within approximately 45 days after the winner is verified.
If winner notification is returned as undeliverable or if the selected winner cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason, or he/she is not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected in a separate random drawing.
- Prize Conditions: All expenses related to the acceptance or use of the prize is the sole responsibility of prize winner.
All travel related expenses including but not limited to ground transportation to and from home, taxes, gratuities, incidentals, upgrades, insurance, service charges, airport surcharges, luggage fees, departure taxes, resort or property fees, food & beverage and personal expenses such as telephone/Internet charges, and gift shop purchases are the sole responsibility of prize winner. Winner and travel companions must travel on same itinerary. Winner and travel companions must have valid photo ID and any other required documentation.
Travel is subject to availability. Trip must be booked at least three (3) weeks prior to the requested travel dates and be taken by April 30, 2018.
All hotel reservations are based on availability and holidays may be excluded. Accommodations are subject to availability at time of reservation. Block-out dates, advance booking requirements and travel restrictions may apply. Availability is subject to factors such as weather, seasonality and space availability. Reservations are subject to availability. If weather affects the ability for winner and his/her travel companions to redeem any portion of prize during the scheduled date and time, then the Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the winner and/or travel companions other than to supply the remaining elements of the prize package minus the unused portion of prize. If for any reason whatsoever, winner and/or travel companions are unable to travel after all travel arrangements have been made and paid, the Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the winner. If Grand Prize is forfeited prior to Sponsor finalizing and paying for travel, and there is sufficient time to notify an alternate winner, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner in a separate random drawing from among all non-winning eligible entries. Grand Prize winner and travel companions are responsible for obtaining the proper travel documentation (e.g., valid photo ID) prior to travel. Grand Prize winner’s travel companions must be legal U.S. residents and must complete and return a Travel Companion Liability Release (or if a minor, his or her parent must complete and return a Travel Companion Liability Release) prior to travel as noted above.
In the event the prize winner or his/her travel companions engage in behavior that, as determined by the Sponsor and in its sole discretion, is obnoxious or threatening, illegal, or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, the Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the vacation in whole or in part, with no further compensation.
Prize is not redeemable for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prize is non-assignable or transferable, except to a surviving spouse. No substitution is permitted except if prize or prize component is unavailable, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Any other incidental expenses on prize not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the winner.
The winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes, if applicable.
Except where prohibited by law, entry and acceptance of prize constitute permission to use the winner's name, prize won, hometown and likeness for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity (including online posting) in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission.
Winner acknowledges that the Sponsor, Disney and all other businesses affiliated with this Sweepstakes and their agents do not make, nor are in any manner responsible for any warranty, representations, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the quality, conditions, fitness or merchantability of any aspect of the prize being offered.
Gift cards are not redeemable for cash and will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Gift card usage is subject to the issuing company’s complete terms and conditions, including expiration dates.
Vouchers, passes and tickets are not redeemable for cash and will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Tickets are subject to issuer’s complete terms and conditions. In the event that the event does not take place as scheduled, for reasons such as cancellation, preemption or postponement, or for any reason beyond the control of the Sponsor, Sponsor's sole responsibility will be to award the remaining portion of the Grand Prize and no additional substitution or compensation will be provided.
- Release: Participating entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of US Sweepstakes & Fulfillment Company and the Sponsor, and release the Sponsor, Disney, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and related entities, successors and assigns, units and sponsors, divisions and advertising and promotional agencies, prize suppliers and all other businesses involved in this Sweepstakes, and all entities involved in the production, sponsorship and/or promotion of the prize, or any part thereof, including, without limitation, the respective directors, employees, representatives and agents of each (collectively, the “Released Entities”), from all claims and liability relating to their participation in the Sweepstakes and the acceptance and use/misuse of the prize offered. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in this Sweepstakes or use/misuse or redemption of the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer and/or administration of the Sweepstakes and/or in the announcement of the prize.
- Indemnity: Winner shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Entities from and against any and all claims, damages, actions, liability, loss, injury or expense, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or in connection with: (a) winner’s participation in the Sweepstakes; (b) a breach or allegation which if true would constitute a breach, of any of winner’s representations, warranties or obligations herein; and (c) acceptance, possession, grant, or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage arising therefrom.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, participating entrants agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. The remedy for any claim shall be limited to actual damages, and in no event shall any party be entitled to recover punitive, exemplary, consequential, or incidental damages, including attorney’s fees or other such related costs of bringing a claim, or to rescind this agreement or seek injunctive or any other equitable relief. Any action or litigation concerning this Sweepstakes (excluding an action or litigation concerning the Grand Prize Vacation Package): (a) shall take place exclusively in the federal or state courts sitting in New York, New York, and (b) in connection with such action or litigation, entrant expressly consents to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waives all defenses of lack of jurisdiction and inconvenient forum with respect to such courts and agrees to service of process by mail or other method acceptable under the laws of the State of New York. Any action or litigation concerning the Grand Prize Vacation Package: (a) shall take place exclusively in the federal or states courts sitting in Orange County, Florida and (b) in connection with such action or litigation, entrant expressly consents to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waives all defenses of lack of jurisdiction and inconvenient forum with respect to such courts and agrees to service of process by mail or other method acceptable under the laws of the State of Florida.
ALL PARTICIPATING ENTRANTS AND PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND ISSUES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR TORT, AND INCLUDING ANY CLAIM FOR FRAUDULENT INDUCEMENT THEREOF.
If you elect to receive occasional updates, special offers and other information from Disney Destinations, LLC and its affiliated and associated companies about their products and services, your information may be shared with those companies.
- Official Rules: To request a copy of the Official Rules, see www.Essence.com/EndlessMagic, or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by Thursday, March 30, 2017, to: The Endless Magic Sweepstakes, Rules Request, PO Box 25466, Rochester, NY 14625.
- Winner Confirmation: For a written confirmation of the winner (available after Friday, April 14, 2017) send a stamped, self-addressed envelope (no later than Monday, May 15, 2017), to: The Endless Magic Sweepstakes, Winner Confirmation Request, PO Box 25466, Rochester, NY 14625.
- Sponsor: Essence Communications, Inc., 225 Liberty St., New York, NY 10281.
|PRIZE||RETAIL VALUE||NUMBER OF PRIZES||ODDS|
|Grand Prize: a vacation package for the winner and three (3) guests of the winner’s choosing for four (4) nights and five (5) days, to the Walt Disney World® Resort||$6,986.36||1||1:10,000|
You Have Not Yet Won. All entries have the same chance of winning. No one will know who the winner is until after the Sweepstakes ends.
Entry Is Free. You don't have to buy anything to enter. Just fill out the fields in the online entry form and submit.
Enter As Often As You Like. Simply mail a postcard including your name, address, daytime phone number and mail to: The Endless Magic Sweepstakes, 625 Panorama Trail (Suite 2100), Rochester, NY 14625-2437. Each postcard must be mailed separately and must be postmarked between Friday, January 13, 2017 and Thursday, March 30, 2017, and received by Thursday, April 6, 2017. It is not necessary to await receipt of an entry form.
Buying Won't Help You Win. Chances of winning without making a purchase are the same as the chances of someone who buys something.
Entry Deadline/Sweepstakes Closing Date. To be eligible to win the prize offered in this Sweepstakes, your entry must be received by the applicable entry dates stated in this communication. If there is no Entry Deadline stated, your entry must be received by the Final Sweepstakes Closing Date of 03/30/17.
Void in Puerto Rico and wherever else prohibited by law.