LG Play For Keeps Scratch N’ Score Promotion
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The LG Play For Keeps Scratch N’ Score Promotion (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of AL, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, LA, MD, MO, NC, NJ, OH, PA, SC, TN, VA, WI, and WV, who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of LG Electronics USA, Inc., US Sweepstakes & Fulfillment Co., and any of their respective related companies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and agents and any agencies or other companies involved in the development or execution of the Promotion or production or distribution of Promotion materials, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void outside of AL, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, LA, MD, MO, NC, NJ, OH, PA, SC, TN, VA, WI, and WV, in Puerto Rico, and where prohibited by law.
2. Sponsor: LG Electronics USA, Inc., 1000 Sylvan Ave., Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632-3302. Administrator: US Sweepstakes & Fulfillment Co., 625 Panorama Trail Suite 2100, Rochester, NY 14625.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Promotion, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Whether an entrant receives a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Promotion begins at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on Sunday, March 6, 2016 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on Monday, April 4, 2016 (the “Promotion Period”).
Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
5. How to Enter:
- Visit a participating HH Gregg to obtain a scratch off game piece (the “Game Piece”);
- Visit www.LGPlayForKeeps.com and click “Enter Code”, and submit the code found on the Game Piece;
Limit: One (1) Entry per person per day regardless of whether entrant has more than one email address. In the event of a dispute, Entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" means the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sponsor may ask any entrant or potential winner to provide Sponsor with proof that such party is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the entry, to Sponsor satisfaction.
By participating, Entrant grants Sponsor permission to use his/her name, hometown, photograph or image, or Entry for future advertising and publicity purposes in any and all media without additional compensation, notification or permission. Entries made by any other individual or entity that is not the person named on the submitted Submission or made in any manner inconsistent with these Official Rules will be declared invalid and disqualified from this Promotion.
6. Winner Determination: Prizes will be awarded throughout the Promotion Period. Two Hundred Twenty-Five (225) random, computer-generated winning times will be generated. The first eligible participant to submit an Entry at or after one of the randomly generated times will be deemed a potential winner (pending confirmation) of the prize associated with that winning time. An on-screen notification will appear stating the prize the entrant has won after successfully submitting an Online Entry. Non-winning entrants will also be notified on screen after successfully submitting an Online Entry.
All Instant-Win Prize winners will receive an email notification stating the prize they have won and its approximate retail value within 72 hours of on-screen notification.
7. Random Drawing: Administrator will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes Grand Prize winner from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
The Sweepstakes Grand Prize drawing will be conducted on or about Thursday, April 7, 2016.
8. Winner Requirements: Potential winners must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules; and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements.
The potential Grand Prize winner will be contacted via email and/or phone on or about Thursday, April 7, 2016 and will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Wavier, a W-9 Form and where allowable, a Publicity Release (collectively, the “Releases”), which must be received by Administrator within seven (7) calendar days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. The Releases will require the winner to furnish his/her Social Security Number for the sole purpose of tax reporting, as required by law. Prize will be awarded within approximately forty-five (45) calendar days after the winner is verified. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Releases within the required time period (if applicable), or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize and an alternate winner may be selected and notified.
Prizes for all Instant Win prize winners will be sent to the address provided on the registration form within four (4) - six (6) weeks following the end date of the Promotion Period.
All winning claims are subject to verifications by the Administrator and/or Sponsor, whose decisions are binding. Even if the Promotion Site shows that you are a winner and/or you receive an email notification, you are not a winner until your eligibility and the potential winning game play has been verified. Return of prize or winner notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted potential winner forfeits prize.
In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, an alternate winner may be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received throughout the Promotion Period. Only three (3) alternate potential winners will be notified for any prize, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor may use the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, and/or prize information in connection with the Promotion, worldwide, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment or consideration, except where prohibited by law. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Winner will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties (as defined in Section 10, below) and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms.
If a winner is otherwise eligible under these Official Rules, but is nevertheless deemed a minor in his or her state of primary residence, the prize will be awarded in the name of winner's parent or legal guardian who will be required to execute, sign, and return the Releases on minor’s behalf. Noncompliance will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. If Releases are returned as undeliverable or if the selected winner cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason, or he/she is not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected in a separate random drawing.
Sweepstakes Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize is available to be won. Grand Prize package includes:
- One (1) 65” OLED 4K TV (model number: 65EF9500)
- One (1) LG TwinWash Bundle (model numbers: WM5000HVA, WD100CV, DLEX5000V, and WDP4V)
- One (1) LG Sound Bar Model: (model number: LAS454B)
The Approximate Retail Value (the “ARV”) of Sweepstakes Grand Prize is: $9,289.94.
Instant Win Grand Prizes: Fifty (50) Instant Win Grand Prizes are available to be won. Instant Win Grand Prize is one (1) HH Gregg $50.00 gift card.
ARV of Instant Win Grand Prize is: $50.00 each.
Instant Win First Prizes: Seventy-five (75) Instant Win First Prizes are available to be won. Instant Win First Prize is one (1) HH Gregg $25.00 gift card.
ARV of Instant Win First Prize is: $25.00 each.
Instant Win Second Prizes: One-hundred (100) Instant Win Second Prizes are available to be won. Instant Win Second Prize is one (1) HH Gregg $15.00 gift card.
ARV of Instant Win Second Prize is: $15.00 each.
Instant win prize winners will be eligible for the grand prize drawing.
LIMIT: One (1) instant win prize per person.
Odds of winning a prize in the Promotion are dependent on the random winning time selected for each prize available to be won, the number of participants, and the time and order any participant’s Entry is submitted and recorded.
Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made unless Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines otherwise. No cash in lieu of prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value should it become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt, installation, and/or use. TOTAL ARV FOR ALL PRIZES: $15,164.94.
The ARV of prizes is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed.
Gift cards are not redeemable for cash and will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Gift card usage is subject to the issuing company’s complete terms and conditions, including expiration dates.
Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warrant or guarantee, either expressed or implied by Sponsor. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. All federal, state and local taxes and all other costs associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, including any installation is solely the responsibility of the winner.
10. Release: By participating, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
11. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Sponsor is not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable entries or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for any typographical/other error in entries, selection announcement or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with this Promotion. If for any reason an entrant's Promotion entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Promotion, provided that, if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Promotion, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the Promotion prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
13. Disputes: EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED, ENTRANT AGREES THAT: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS PROMOTION OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND EXCLUSIVELY BY THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF NEW JERSEY OR THE APPROPRIATE NEW JERSEY STATE COURT LOCATED IN BERGEN COUNTY; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS PROMOTION, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES; AND (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES, AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE ENTRANT AND SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROMOTION, SHALL BE GOVERNED BY, AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES (WHETHER OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY OR ANY OTHER JURISDICTION), WHICH WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF THE LAWS OF ANY JURISDICTION OTHER THAN THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY.
15. Winner List: Winner List requests will only be accepted after the promotion end date (listed above) and no later than May 5, 2016. For the Winner List, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: The LG Play For Keeps Scratch N’ Score Promotion Winner Confirmation Request, PO Box 25466, Rochester, NY 14625-0466.